Many people are suffering from bleeding gums and want to look for “how to stop bleeding gums” for that you need to know the causes of bleeding gums. It can be caused by aggressive brushing over the long term, hardened plaque buildup, and smoking. Symptoms like bleeding gums along with swelling and redness may be present altogether or by themselves. No matter how they present they are all signs of one of the most common infections in gum disease known as pericoronitis.
Gum disease is caused by bacteria that work their way deep into the gum tissues. Eventually, reaching the roots and nerves of the teeth, bacteria release toxins into the tissues that inflame and irritate the gum line. If you are suffering from bleeding gums and any other gum disease make sure to not avoid it because it can cause periodontitis. This can result in the death of one or many teeth which will either need to be removed or may fall out on their own. Despite the severity of the symptoms, most cases of gum disease can be effectively managed and in some cases, eliminated completely. To get the treatment you need to visit the dentist office open on Saturday.
Treatment available for bleeding gums:
- The most effective way to treat bleeding gums and gum disease is by removing the bacteria that are irritating the gums. Start by seeing a dental professional or dentist open near me for a cleaning and evaluation of your specific problems so that a proper plan of care can be developed.
- Then, make sure that you are brushing and flossing daily to remove bacteria. Brush gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush and floss carefully, paying attention to the delicate gum tissue at the base of the tooth.
- Choose the proper cleaning agents for the mouth as well. Many times the harsh chemicals found in regular toothpaste can be irritating and may only make your problems worse. Look for oral care cleaners that contain ingredients that are known to kill bacteria naturally.
- Peppermint, spearmint and almond oils are long-standing winners in the fight against bacteria and infection and have a low occurrence of irritation or sensitivity for their users. These oils have been used for centuries to treat varieties of infections and can work as antibacterial agents for the mouth also.
- You should consider changing your lifestyle in your fight against gum disease and bleeding gums. The way we live and what we put into our bodies can have a significant impact on our oral health. Smoking, poor dietary habits, and heart disease risks have all been linked to an increased risk for gum disease.
- Those who have long-standing health conditions that weaken the immune system face extra challenges. Diseases such as HIV and Rheumatoid arthritis can sometimes make it more difficult to treat gum disease, and a case may be more severe. Using good maintenance practices and quality cleaners with natural antibacterial properties will make all the difference and start you on the way to a healthier mouth.
Hence we hope you liked this article and it was somewhere a help for you. If you want to know more about it make sure to visit the 24-hour emergency dentist.
Article Source : http://urbndental.weebly.com/blog/how-to-stop-bleeding-gums